Winter is a beautiful time of year and there are so many benefits to having your special day during the fantastic cooler season. Here are our top 10 reasons to consider a winter wedding:
- Your wedding will look amazing. Couples are often surprised by how lush and vibrant the foliage and scenery is for their winter wedding.
- Faux fur boleros and velvet wraps can be stunning additions to a wedding gown in colder weather.
- Availability is improved. Choosing a winter date is a great way to have your dream wedding at your chosen venue, without having to wait for a peak season date.
- There are potential discounts. Most venues and vendors will have seasonal pricing, with reduced rates for winter. For many couples, a winter wedding is a more affordable way to access everything they want for their dream wedding
- The light is actually better for photos. Photographers love the flattering winter light, and it’s easier on couples with none of the squinting that comes from bright sunlight.
- It gives your friends something to look forward to at a time of year that can be quiet. Peak season can be hectic for couples and guests are often overwhelmed by a full event calendar. Our brides often have more time to devote to planning, and guests really look forward to winter weddings as they have fewer other events on.
- You won’t be worried about the weather forecast. Australia is well known for its dramatic summer storm. Something not to worry about in winter!
- Winter weather can also be a lot more comfortable for men wearing suits, whether it be the groom, groomsmen, or the guests.
- Unlike summer weddings you don’t have to deal with sweat and humidity messing with your glamorous hair and make- up, keeping that perfect look all day and night
- And last, but not least, if you are planning an overseas honeymoon, Winter is usually the best time to go. The weather in Asia and Europe is often best during the Australian winter and provides couples with the perfect conditions for a warm overseas escape.
Interested in booking a winter wedding? Get in touch today to find out more about my services.